Wednesday 1 February 2012

I love blogging - and a Nordstrom valentine

I LOVE BLOGGING! Every day I log in to my email and see wonderful comments from people who have actually found and looked at MASKerade. THANK YOU! You're all so very, very kind and I'm so humbled and happy to be part of a community of people who, despite having never met, are friendly and so encouraging! Yesterday, someone viewed my blog from Moldova! I had to go look that up in my atlas - right between Romania and Ukraine. See? Blogging is EDUCATIONAL, too! So rewarding!

We hit a record high for February 1 - 10.7 degrees celsius (that's about 50 fahrenheit) and although we're dropping to 4 (40) later today, I have to say we're having my dream winter - very little snow and nice and warm!

This weather makes it easy to forget the winter holidays - Valentine's day is coming quickly! I whipped up this one yesterday, using this Nordstrom giftcard (of all things!) as inspiration:
And here's the result:


Not quite as groovy as the original, but I'm still pleased with the colours and graphic feel.

Next up, OLW 77 - we have to use a bird on a card. This one will be a bit of a challenge for me.....

Supplies:
Stamps: Unknown (due to the way I store my clear stamps -I'll tell you about it sometime!)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Cherry Cobbler, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Versafine black
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Eucalyptus Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.