Thursday 8 March 2012

OLW 82 - Getting Swirly

This week's OLW challenge is to use a swirl. Wow! The possibilities are endless! But it still has to be one layer (which is the REAL challenge for me!) and clean and simple. Here's what I ended up with:


Yes, I've decided to singlehandedly bring Kaleidacolor (not Kaleidescope, as I previously thought!) ink pads back into card-making vogue! I do think that they can add a lot of interest to a project. I re-discovered this alphabet in my pile of Stampin' Up stamps (Contempo Alphabet). I hadn't even mounted the stamps onto the blocks, but I do like it - it's clean and well, contemporary!




On another note, I promised to let you know about my blog header.  One day when I was on Etsy, I came across Eat, Pray, Create, where Minna, the shop owner, makes custom stamps.

You can imagine, that as a child named Ardyth, I rarely had anything with my name on it, so now I'm thrilled that there are so many places where you can order customized items. I immediately fell in love with Minna's style (her own handwriting) and asked her to make me a stamp that I could use on the backs of my cards. Then I asked if she could make me an image file that I could use as my blog banner.

My vision was to have my name and MASKerade with a tiny mask at the end of each, so that they would tie in together.

You've seen the blog header, here's the stamp:






Working with Minna was fun and easy even though all communication was via email - I definitely recommend that you take a look at her shop!

Supplies:
Stamps: Swirl, welcome - Papertrey, alpha Stampin' Up!
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Kaleidacolor Bouquet, Memento London Fog
Accessories: Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Love how you did the blingy baby card. It is great because it looks like a CELEBRATION, which having a bagy is! Love that you got a name stamp and new banner. It's fabulous! (I know what you mean about unusual names.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a wonderful job with this challenge. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card! She will love it! {and I adore your name}!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous baby card...and the personalized stamp is wonderful. I stamp the backs of all my cards too and I'm always searching for the "perfect" stamp for that purpose!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.