Monday 26 November 2012

Final Horse Cards. For Now.


These are the last two designs I made for the sets of cards I made for my sister to give to her friends and clients.

And this is the last scheduled post due to my weekend trip to deliver these cards to my sister in Wisconsin. (I came back late Sunday night, and I knew I wouldn't have time to make a card before Monday morning.)

Unfortunately, I don't know who made either stamp (they're unmounted rubber). For the first one, I used Silver Lightning embossing powder - it's so hard to get a photo of how pretty it really is - it has glitter in the powder and it catches the light so nicely! I used brushed silver for the main panel and Cherry Cobbler for the mat.

On the second card, it's looking rather Pumpkin Pie-ish, but it's really More Mustard, and Soft Suede. The ink is my Spectrum Kaleidecolor pad - one of my favourite ways to get a 'wow' out of simple stamping!

Tomorrow it's time for CASology again - be sure to come back at 9:00 for another inspiring Cue Card!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Ardyth! You can just about make out the sparkle on the horse's tail on the first card, and I love the colours on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when I saw the first card, I thought that it was my favorite of them all....until I scrolled down and saw the second card! The Spectrum ink was the perfect choice for this amazing image!

    Your sister's clients are going to love your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I think I "need" one of those Kaleidacolor ink pads! :) Your wonderful horse cards have made me want to dive into some western/southwestern stamps I have collected and never used. I've always loved all things western so when I started stamping a few years ago I collected a lot of horse stamps as well as other western and southwestern images. For some reason, whenever I need a card, "western" just never seems to be what is right. But, maybe after I get my Christmas cards done I can try out some of those images. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew there were so many horse stamps in the world?? These two are gorgeous and I love the treatment you've given each one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love it when you make horse cards and I don't even ride. One of these days a reader will recognize those images and comment and you will have to post for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved every one of your horse cards. Thanks so much for sharing them. Hope your sister loves them!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.