Friday 14 March 2014

FFC27 - Green Christmas


Time for a new Festive Friday challenge! Here's our inspiration photo:


I really struggled with this photo (sorry, Meredith!) - as pretty as it is, I found it so hard to make a Christmas card with NO RED!

I used an Old Island Stamp Company branch and a Minna May sentiment on the card base. I tried to get the dreamy, out-of-focus feeling of the photo by using a layer of vellum and then a silver foil Simon Says Stamp snowflake die. I doubled it up to give it some substance and texture and I only adhered it in the centre, leaving the 'arms' free to add more texture.

The deadline is Wednesday March 19. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

16 comments:

  1. Very nice. Almost has that foggy, misty feeling. Love the snow flake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning...I love the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you found it hard to make but I love what you came up with! Love the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! No red needed though I can see how weird it is to make something for the holiday without it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a stunning car, even without the red! This is sheer beauty!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created a stunning car,d even without the red! This is sheer beauty! (blogger got me first time round..sighhh)
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that branch stamp and putting vellum to replicate the out-of-focus background was such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vellum really does the job - totally captures the softness of the photo! Great idea to leave the 'arms' free!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Ardyth! The vellum really adds a nice touch! Love the pine along the side too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, Ardyth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never have guessed that you struggled with this, Ardy! It is so spot on that it looks like Meredith found an inspiration photo to go along with your beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vellum is fabulous, Ardyth ... love the soft, misty feel it creates ... and I love the dimensional snowflake ... beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I would have never guessed you struggled with this one. Well, I guess it's a good thing for challenges then, right? 'Cause it would be a shame if this card was never "born"! So smart to use the vellum to make it out of focus. I love the zoomed in take on Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.