Saturday 23 August 2014

Muse 81/OLS 8


This card has quite a combination of inspiration sources.

First, this week's Muse, by Marion:



Second, the colour palette for OLS8 - Shades of Summer:



and third, this gorgeous, gorgeous card (also inspired by OLS8) by Julia Altermann


Distress Arrow Sentiment-1

I cut a Papertrey daisy out of Post-it notes and laid it on my card. I then taped down a Kelly Purkey stencil, creating a frame. Yes, my friends, I used a stencil. I even enjoyed it! I used Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn distress inks - I love how they blend to create additional colours! I finished it with a single pink pearl.

There's still time for both these challenges: the deadline for Muse is Monday at 8 am EDT. You can then vote for your favourites until Tuesday morning. Results of the vote will be posted on Tuesday at noon.

OLS runs until Sunday at midnight.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! You can do so many images in the center. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty Ardyth - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for stencils, Ardyth ... as deliciously precise as your stamping ... and with just a hint of gentle softness around the edges! Soooo pretty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stencils but never thought about putting a die cut under it. That daisy just pops out of the wonderfully blended lines. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so great - I will definitely be caseing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a neat card Ardyth! I love all the inspiration you got for it. The colors are fab, the flowers is just awesome-yep, I am really loving it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth this is such a gorgeous card, love your inspiration and the result fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Ardyth! I love the warm and happy feel of these colours and I love that it's only 3 colours - they really do blend well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A totally awesome card, Ardyth. What a great way to combine all that inspiration...and I love the blending you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your colourful card Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.