Friday 31 July 2015

Muse 26 - Miss you!


Here is my card for this week's Muse challenge, where Tracey really challenged me with this summery card:



I focused on Tracey's
-theme (penguin)
-technique (sponging)
-colours (green inner tube, blue sponging)
-layout (sentiment under focal image)


I started by masking and stamping a penguin from the same MFT Set (Penguins in Paradise) set that Tracey used and then I placed a mask over him and used an oval mask and Tumbled Glass distress ink to create my water. I coloured the penguin with Copics and added some Stickles to the water  for sparkle.

I hope you'll get a chance to join us - the deadline is Monday morning at 8 am EDT. At that time you can vote for your 3 favourites until Tuesday morning. Voting results will be posted on Tuesday at noon.

21 comments:

  1. Just want to jump in the water and swim along with him! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is excellent and the colours are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are making me desperately need penguins, lol! Your card is so cute, Ardyth! The image and sentiment work perfectly together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....I miss you too! Oh. Wait. Sorry. (I'm such a dork...) This is absolutely adorable! I love that lonely little penguin floating and missing his friends. You're working wonders with this set. I'm in awe. Fantastic tribute card. Tracey will just love what you've done. I know I do!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great take on Tracey's card. I bet she's going to love it when she sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! It makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rose to the challenge and then some, Ardy! Your penguin with his little floatie in the pool is adorable and perfect for the sediment!! Expert masking!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card, Ardyth! Your design is so thoughtful, simple and that little penguin is so lovable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! he looks so lonely! m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! He really does look kinda sad! I just want to give him a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool and so cute, Ardyth ... your little penguin in his solitary pool really does look as though he's missing his chums ... so clever how your surroundings change his expression! Bisous, Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is adorable Ardyth - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this! Super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, this is a cute, cute card Ardyth! I love that penguin stamp set and I love your take on Tracey's card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh! He looks so pitifully cute! :) Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, his sad little face, I just want to hug him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cool 3D effect! PERFECT blending of inks. Love the 'shimmer' of the water'

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card and that sweet little penguin, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.