Friday 25 September 2015

Uniko Guest (Part 2)

If you can believe it, this is my second guest post today. For my MFT post, please scroll down.


I'm also back today with the second of my Uniko Guest posts (here's the first). I've been working with All Occasion Sentiments #6  and I just love how well they work with all of the previous sets Uniko has released.


My first card was inspired by this pin. I used the daisy from Flower Power #7. I love the vibrant colour combination, but of course, I wanted some white space! I love how Beverley designed the 'you make me' (and the 'be your own kind of') bits of the sentiments to fit right into the main words ('smile' and beautiful').  I finished with the 3 hearts from Flower Power #3.


For my second card, I used Beautiful from the current release, and the rest of the sentiment is from All Occasion Sentiments #3. I created a background by die cutting and inlaying the beautiful graphic flower from Time. I sponged the panel as well as the cardbase in warm sunny colours.


I love the casual, handwritten feeling of the 'smile' sentiment and decided to have a little fun with it! I used simple die cut shapes to create a funny face that is sure to make the recipient smile.

I want to thank Bev for inviting me to Guest this month - what an privilege to be an honourary member of the Design Team!

10 comments:

  1. Ardyth, you have the most AMAZING talent. Love all these cards and you have certainly wowed the challenge post. The striking vibrant colours and offset panel to the first is simply brilliant, the second one is inky fantastic and great use of the die and sentiments but that third one has me smiling from ear to ear! Love, love, love it and thanks so much for agreeing to play along with us this month. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all just amazing! Love the rainbow flowers with the smile sentiment - such a happy card. The ombre background on the "beautiful" card is just stunning - so CAS. And the funny face card is simply inspired! You never cease to amaze me with your work. Thanks so much for being a wonderful GD this month! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say that hasn't already been said....except these are gorgeous,fabulous and that last one? So much fun!well done Ardyth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Ardyth. I love that big happy face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards! I'm totally smitten by your use of vibrant colours on the first card, so inpiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with Sarah! Amazing talent. Awesome cards, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just terrific and how fun is that big smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SMILE...yep, all over my face when I saw your delightful trio! Like you, I LOVE the vibrant colors of the flowers in your first card. The second card is COOL - beautifully blended and an awesome inlaid image. Third card would make a grumpy guy smile!!! Love the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous, vibrant blooms, Ardyth ... a fantastic take on your Pinterest inspiration ... with your perfect touch of delicious CASness! Wonderful sponged background for that lovely inlaid die cut ... sunny and bright, just like a sunrise! I laughed out loud at that fun face with the 'over the top' eyes and big smile ... brilliant! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Ardyth! The links to the products for the first card don't work and I can't find that sentiment set on the Uniko site...

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.