Sunday 20 December 2015

FS463 - 70th Birthday


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is cburry, aka Cheri! Cheri has an amazing gallery of cards full of pretty detail and amazing colouring! I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Cheri's:
-colour scheme
-use of slanted, graphic stripes
-pops of red

I changed:
-theme
-reduced images and embellishments
-orientation of the stripes
-size of the card

I used:
-Basic Black (SU!), Smoky Slate (SU!) and Limelight (MFT) cardstock
-MFT pierced square die
-Avery Elle sentiment
-Memory Box number dies
-red copics, Wink of Stella, glossy accents.

Congratulations, Cheri!

6 comments:

  1. What a striking card Ardyth - love the CAS look to it, and the bright. bold colours.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! So dramatic and you've put such gorgeous colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you interpreted Cheris card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun, love the pop of red!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, crisp and wonderfully graphic, Ardyth ... I'm always amazed (and in awe!) of how you pick out elements of another card and make one very much your own! Hugs & bisous, mon amie, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.