Wednesday 15 February 2012

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Chiclectic

Look at this Tuesday Trigger photo:


There's just SO MUCH going on! And yet, somehow it all works. Some people can put all these seemingly unmatching things together and come up with something great, but not me. I had to choose from the elements and make two cards to get as much as I did into them.

The first one has the orange/pink mix, the gold, the aqua and the white:


Actually, now that I see them one over the other, I think this one conveys a similar feeling to the original. And yet the card still feels like 'me'. Hmm - better than I thought (I just love it when that happens!).

The next one focuses on the lip art that's almost in the photo and the black and white comforter (as well as a touch of gold as a nod to the headboard):


Although it doesn't tie into the original as well (or maybe just not as obviously) as the first one, I still like it. Could have been a fun valentine!

It's amazing how focusing on the same photo can result in two cards that are so different!

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
"Congratulations"
Stamps: Stampin' Up! (Baroque Motifs, Cute & Swirly)
Paper: Whisper white, Pool Party, Brushed Gold, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Versamark, Tangerine Tango reinker, Regal Rose
Accessories: Rubbing alcohol, gold embossing powder

"SWAK"
Stamps: Stampin' Up! (SWAK), Cornish Heritage Farms (background)
Paper: Whisper White, Gold Mirror, Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Real Red, Versafine black
Accessories: Rectangle and square nestabilities


9 comments:

  1. Wow...you nailed that Tuesday Trigger concept....I'm impressed! I would like to purchase the second card as my 'next year's Valentine card for my hubby'....that is, IF you're selling it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful card. you didn't link this one to the tuesday trigger. instead, you linked a previous one. so, please hook up the right card for all to see. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! You captured the elements of the trigger without making the card too heavy. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, LOVE what you did with this trigger! Both cards are great, but I especially love your "lips card". Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the lips stamp! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are great, I can see how you were inspired by the trigger photo. Your first one is my favorite though, the pink/orange combo looks amazing with the gold embossed over it. Who would have know? Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ardyth! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the card and all of the fun details!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this proves a talented woman can get inspiration from just about anything. My personal taste would have me run screaming from this room, but you have made two incredible cards from it. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.