Saturday 4 August 2012

A Lovely, Feathery Surprise!


Are you in shock to see such an elaborate embellishment on my card? lol! There's a wonderful story behind this:

A while ago, I posted a horse card on MASKerade, which started an email conversation between Lura and myself, about where to get the stamp I had used. I couldn't remember - I know it was online somewhere, but when you buy unmounted stamps and throw out the packaging, this is what happens. Long story short, I happily stamped a whole bunch of horsey images and horsey sentiments and mailed them to her.

Imagine my surprise, when a package arrived in MY mailbox yesterday. Inside was this adorable card that Lura had made for me:



Look at the satisfied smile on that cat! Poor mousey!

But wait, there's MORE. Lura had written a letter which explained that she had also made the beautiful dreamcatcher for me to use on a card. It's so amazing  that I really wanted it to be the focal point of my card (although I do agree with her that it would go really well on a card with one of my native-looking horse images). I used glue dots to attach the dreamcatcher, and then found the perfect sentiment in Typically Teen by The Craft's Meow and stamped it in black, matting the white layer on turquoise and a black card base.

I plan to save this card for someone VERY special, on a VERY special occasion. Thanks so much Lura!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Ardyth! How nice that your RAK produced another RAK to you, and I think you used it beautifully :)

    Thanks for the nice sentiment on my blog. . .I thoroughly enjoyed doing all of the challenges for DTGD. You hostesses had some great challenges. I was particularly excited about yours, because frankly, who doesn't love a rainbow? ;) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow – that’s twice you’ve put an amazing smile on my face! (Above and beyond the smiles that come from your cards.) Ü So glad you liked my thank you. And I am so in love with what you did with the feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the dream catcher and the way you've displayed it on the card with the wonderful sentiment! The cat and mouse card is very funny! I wish we had a cat - we've had a big mouse problem and we've had to get pest control in. Although our dog caught a mouse the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaborate embellishment, but still a very CAS card. I like how the placement of the sentiment balances the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feather is so cool and I love that cat!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.