Wednesday 26 September 2012

Casing Bethany


(Oops - this was supposed to be Thursday's post - I'm struggling with Blogger (actually, I'm struggling with my BRAIN, but I'm going to blame it on Blogger!)

Yesterday as I was on my walk, I saw a kid wearing a striped hoodie in these colours. I just love them! Masculine, but not the usual olive and navy and brown. But I wasn't sure what to do with them until I saw this card by Bethany:


Is that a cool idea or what? (and be amazed at how all her stripes are exactly the same width and length - I am!) So I took my two pieces of inspiration and put them together and made a card that really, really feels like me. Even though there are no Stickles! lol!

 I used masking (this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge, at Karen's blog), but it's more than one layer, so I can't link it up for that. But don't be surprised if you see these colours again!


8 comments:

  1. Love this case card, Ardyth! I'm going to case you with a stamp I've been hankering to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colour scheme, and the design is perfect for a masculine card, will be casing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet color combo! Once again, perfectly stamped. Love the bold HB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be happy if you use these colors again - I love them! Seems your brain is working just fine to notice the hoodie and remember it when you saw the sketch. Ah, youth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, love, love your stripes, the colors you chose, and how your sentiment is the same size of the stripes. It's so well balanced! What a great card for a teen!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.