Tuesday 8 April 2014

CASology 90 - Wet!



This week's CASology Cue Card is Wet!




We don't always have to be literal with these cue cards. I used a big block of blue to suggest 'ocean' for this card. Hey, last week, my 'joke' card didn't actually have a joke on it - you are really free to interpret the cue cards in any CAS way you want - just let us know how it relates if you think that we'll need the help to 'get it'!

This card is CAS because I limited it to two blocks of solid colour, creating lots of breathing room for the focal point - one little sentiment cut out of gold foil cardstock (check out this die - so many words all in the same, classic-feeling font - I just got it last week and I think it's going to be very useful!). It would be so easy to make a set of these in different colours - a perfect gift for the kids' teachers!

The words are pretty small, so I used my old  trick of backing my foil paper with two-sided tape, so that when I cut the words, they became 'stickers' - so much easier than trying to get the glue in the right spot, and not smearing the lovely shiny gold!

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see where this cue card will take you! Before you go, check out the DT blogs for more inspiration!



17 comments:

  1. So stunning in it's simplicity - the gold letters really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Ardyth you are the master of the clean and simple card! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could pull off something like this--even though you gave some tips, I wouldn't dare! This is shockingly stunning and CAS. I always learn something from your blog--now off to check out that die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and so striking, I did a little Happy Dance when I saw this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less is more and this a good example of that. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really must learn how to do these CAS cards. Your style is the most creative of all and the hardest to achieve (in my opinion xx). Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one amazing card - so elegant and wonderfully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunner!!! Your card made my jaw dropped instantly! How clever you are! It couldn't be more CAS than this ocean card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome, Ardyth ... so perfectly CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an incredible idea! Blue=water=wet!!!

    AND thanks for that amazing tip about the two-sided tape! I just got a set of wee alphabet dies and was having one heck of a battle getting the little buggers to line up! Problem solved! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why oh why do I never plan ahead and use your double sided tape trick?!? THANK you again for reminding me. Really a fabulous card with the color blocks and your shiny gold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a clever take on the cue word Ardyth and I love the touch of gold added to the card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ardyth, I love your interpretation...the large blue area does make one think of water. I really love those gold letters (that is a neat die, too). Thanks for the inspiration again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant cool and graphic take on the cue word. Love that little sentiment too. Can't believe I never thought of the double sided tape trick! Doh!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.