Saturday 14 June 2014

Muse 71 - Thanks!


I'm back with another take on this week's Muse challenge. 


One of the teachers at Kate's school has asked me to make a bunch of thank you cards for her so this seemed like a good opportunity to multi-task. 

I focused on the layered die cuts and even used some Lawn Fawn dp (I KNOW!), using the cut outs from the base panel as the top layer of the Clearly Besotted die cuts so that they matched perfectly. I added in some sequins that were included in one of my recent orders. 

Here's a side view so you can see the coloured stacking.



I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us - the deadline is Monday morning at 8 am EDT. At that time, you can vote until Tuesday morning at 8 and the results will be posted at noon. Hope to see you there!

12 comments:

  1. Ardyth!! DP!! Before you know it, you'll be splattering and tearing ;). I always love how you stack the die cuts with coloured card, gives a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know is right! Don't think I've ever seen you use DP :) Love the soft subtle background it creates. Fabulous take on the Muse challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving the color stacking Ardyth! I think that looks so cool and the sequins just help bring that color stacking right out! Loving the chevron paper too. That font on the thanks is such a pretty one. I know your daughter's teacher will love this one! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stacked die cuts and DP have a nice pop. The sequins are perfectly placed. I love your interpretation of the challenge card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome die stacking! How do you get the edges line up SO PERFECTLY? The side view photo is great - really shows off the colors nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you using dp, you crazy woman, you!! Love the hint of colour behind the words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you would rock this one, it's fantastic Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It might be a DP but it is so soft and subtle you really only get a suggestion, it's the stacked die cuts that are the star. Fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and DP, Ardyth ... seems a perfect (if unheard of) combination to me ... especially with these gorgeous coloured stacked die cuts ... so delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your stacked die cut technique! Your card is gorgeous. I haven't tried it yet as I think I don't have the patience or precision to glue those together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. What a fabulous way to say many thanks--with many thanks.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.