Thursday 2 April 2015

Happy Birthday, Meredyth!


More Bold Blooms - this time the dies, watercoloured with Emily's Gansai watercolours. I die cut a half sheet of watercolour paper (thanks, Emily!) with the big and small roses and leaves and then painted. Here's what it looked like in progress (apologies for the quality of the photos):



I love how the paints blend - definitely on my wish list! I spritzed a few of them with BoBunny Glimmer Spray in Sugar (beware - this definitely lessens the vibrancy of the colours!) and arranged a mixture of leaves and the smaller roses on a white card base - I really don't think you need much else - a simple scripty sentiment from Stampin' Up!

This card is going to my sister (her birthday's today!) and it will likely be late, so Happy Birthday, Meredyth!

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous for your sister Ardyth! I absolutely love the way they look in progress, lucky you that they stayed intact while you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love how this turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the resulting colours from these Gansai paints and your arrangement for a beautiful birthday card. Your sister is sure to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meredyth will LOVE this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card looks very nice here on the blog but it really is stunning in real life (yes, I finally went to my mailbox!). Beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, Ardyth ... loved seeing how it evolved! Wondering if some of those negative pieces will be making an appearance! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous. Those die cuts are so striking in water color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the 'in progress' pics (which look fine to me!). So much fun being right there with you as 'we' create another stunning card! This sentiment was made for these images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my love this card Ardyth! And I bet your sister did too. Those watercolors are just so beautiful and of course I am loving this die set as well. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.