Thursday 14 April 2016

MCV40 - Joy


Here's my card for this week's Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, where Chriss has given us a pretty inspiration:




When Chriss posted this, she mentioned to me how easy it is to make a Christmas card when you have such pretty patterned paper. And she's right - a simple sentiment and a pretty, co-ordinating die cut finish it off perfectly!

Alas, I have made a concerted effort to de-stash myself of patterned paper and therefore decided to go ultra clean and simple with mine. I think it's still clear to see Chriss' influence, though!

I focused on Chriss':
-layout
-black bordered sentiment panel
-poinsettia
-holly
-theme (Joy)

I used:
-Savvy Circle Joy die
-Paper Smooches Poinsettia die
-Papertrey Holly die

13 comments:

  1. I can certainly see how you have CASE'd this card Ardyth - and brilliantly done too!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of bright colour, Ardyth!!!! Striking simplicity!!!! So beautiful!!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh YES! This is gorgeous Ardyth! Love it! I agree with Maxine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you CASE a card and just put yourself right into it. It's easy to see how you were inspired, and I often look at a busy inspiration photo (not this one; Chriss' card is lovely) and wonder what you would do with it....I try to channel my "inner Ardyth" but will never do as well as you do! Perfect take on Chriss' card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that fabulous Joy die!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card! Love your inspired design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously stunning, gloriously graphic and boldly 'blossomed' (yeah, I know...the last one is a bit lame but I couldn't come up with two good 'b' words!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love this! Great card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you worked your way from the Muse card to yours. Gorgeous clean and crisp-looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It never ceases to amaze me how you can take an inspiration card and break it down to the essentials to create a stunning CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bold and beautiful, Ardyth ... so striking ... love it! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.