Monday 4 July 2016

Brushed Florals


Yesterday, I spent some quality time with my newest stamp set - Mama Elephant's Brushed Florals.

While I have recently enjoyed some limited success with some of my watercolouring, lately, I've been frustrated, so I reverted to 'faux' watercolouring. You can get the look with some of the layering stamp sets around, or you can use a technique I learned long ago from Jennifer McGuire. You stamp the image with your lightest colour, then ink it up with a darker colour (so easy to get perfect positioning with your MISTI!) and remove a bit of the colour with a tissue before you stamp it.

As you can see, I tried a number of the stamps and a number of colour combinations.

Details for each card below (all supplies Mama Elephant unless otherwise noted):

Brushed Florals, Birthday script Die, Simon Says Stamp Christmas Graphic

Brushed Florals, Blogging Buddies, Avery Elle Double-Pierced Square Die

Brushed Florals

Brushed Florals, Pix's Favorites

Brushed Florals, Blogging Buddies, Avery Elle Double-Pierced Rectangle and Square dies

Brushed Florals, Blogging Buddies, Avery Elle Double Pierced Rectangle dies


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! I love florals and these look fabulous, especially in a grouping... it's like they are the perfect set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said they didn't need sentiments, but they look great with sentiments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful set of cards, they really look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful set of cards Ardyth, with fabulous stamping on them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to experiment Ardyth. These are all stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG- these are all just so bright and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set ... I especially love the dual tones in the purple flowers and orange Birthday wishes card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to try out a new stamp set. Just play. I love them all, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous collection, Ardyth ... they're just so fresh and lovely! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful group of florals, Ardyth! Love what you have done with each of these cards!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.