Sunday 19 February 2017

FS524 - Unsentimental Peony


This week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper is Beverly Sue Wilson. I chose this card from her gallery as my inspiration:



I focused on Beverly Sue's:
-large flower
-colours

I changed:
-no black
-no sentiment

I sponged a panel with Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn, keeping the darker colours to the edges of the panel to create the 'glow'. I spritzed with water for some texture.

I stamped and embossed the flower before watercolouring it with Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Candied Apple. I used a coordinating die to cut it out and then I popped it up on the green panel.

I used:
-Essentials by Ellen Mondo Peony

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous coloring on this beauty Ardth. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful embossing and water colours, love the vibrant and bold look x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the big bloom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bloom, beuifully coloured - love the background too on this totally amazing card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful, Ardyth!!!! Your watercoluring is just great!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.