Sunday 25 June 2017

FS542, CTS227 - You Make Me Smile


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper,  AJ Bodine, aka rutabagapie . I chose this card as my inspiration:



I also am linking up to this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:



I focused on:
-colour scheme
-horizontal stripes (one in a different colour)
-sunshine focal image

I changed:
-added black
-proportions of stripes and yellow element
-layout

I started by masking and blending a square white panel with distress ink stripes. I then spritzed it for some interest (not too much, because this isn't watercolour paper). Then I cut out the smile and the sun from the panel and inlaid with grey (for the smile) and a separately-blended-and-cut sun. One of the fun things about my little square cards (4.25x4.25) is that you can have things hanging off the edges and they'll still fit into an A2 envelope! I stamped the sentiment and then popped up the panel on foam tape.

I used:

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card !
    Love the bold sentiment !

    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cheerful and sunny card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and cheery, and a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.