Sunday 27 August 2017

FS551 - Merry


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper, Christine (aka calex). I chose this festive card as my inspiration:




I focused on Christine's:
-poinsettia element
-tag element
-gold splatter
-one-word sentiment

I changed:
-orientation
-technique (I used die cuts)

I started by painting two watercolour panels with Catherine Pooler inks. Then I spritzed them with a mixture of Biscotti Perfect Pearls and Water for some shimmer. When they were dry, I cut out the leaves to form petals.

I cut a cardbase from Neenah 110lb cardstock and spattered some gold watercolour on it.

I cut a tag and topper from Tags Etc (Counting Blessings) in kraft and white and glued my poinsettia there. I used several sparkly gold enamel dots from my stash as the flower centre. I added a sentiment, using my MISTI and finally I popped the whole thing up on the card base.


I used:
Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection (sold out, but will be available at Catherine Pooler in the future)

4 comments:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.