Friday 2 February 2018

30 Day Colouring - Mondo Hydrangea



Today, Tracey and I are using Mondo Hydrangea for Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge.

I tried something fun - I started by embossing the hydrangeas with silver embossing powder. I left off the stem, because I knew that I wanted to cut the arrangement in half to use on the edges of my card.  I chose 3 watercolour markers in soft colours and the spritzed water over them and used a brush to blend and spread the colour. The embossing forms little walls so that the colour doesn't go everywhere.

This resulted in a very soft look that was very difficult to photograph! lol!


Here's a quick video:



I used:

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love this stamp. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ardyth. I see you and Tracey both went with the blue shades of hydrangeas they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight this beautiful card is Ardyth - loved your wee video and the end results are gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft delicate coloring Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.